1966 B40 kickstart 5/8 spline

Welcome BSA NSW Club Forums Singles 1966 B40 kickstart 5/8 spline

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Trevor 7 years, 4 months ago.

• Author

Anonymous

Any one know where I will get a kick start for my 66/67 B40. It has a 5/8 spline and I have looked everywhere.

Frank

Trevor
    Keymaster

Frank
    Mike Riley
    MikesClassicSpares.com ( I think ) will have them in stock.

Remember to use the valve lifter when starting.
    It is not there for wimps, it is there to take strain off the staring system.

Trevor
    Keymaster

Sorry, I did not read your post properly.
    BSA never made a 4 stroke motorcycle with a spline on the kick starter. They are all cotter pinned similar to on a push bike.

A would be supplier of aftermarket & pattern parts in the UK < http://www.classickickstarts.com/kickstarts-bsa-b-series-engines.html> does a line of splined quadrants and kick starters but they were not particularly good as he had them cast not forged.
    I am not sure if they are still in production as they got quite a bad reputation for fracturing when jumped on instead of being kicked carefully.
    They have no agency in Australia due to the above and the very high price of making anything in the UK.

I would strongly suggest to contact Mark Cook at PES
    < http://www.ccm-britain.co.uk/?xhtml=xhtml/homepage/default.html&xsl=homepage.xsl > he makes a wide variety of upgraded unit single parts and is a BSA unit single expert.
    The $ is reasonable against the £ at the moment so Mark can organise a lots of nice chrissie presents for your B40.
    He is an enthusiasts married to the daughter of the designer & manufacturer of CCM motorcycles.
    They are always happy to help out.
    He also haunts the B50 forum if you fell more comfortable approaching him that way.
    Peter from also lurks there a bit and if you really want to empty your wallet Stan ( Hp by Stan ) Ed ( E&V Engineering ) if you want a 100mph + B40

• This reply was modified 7 years, 4 months ago by  Trevor.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.