Creating new forums

Welcome BSA NSW Club Forums Website development Creating new forums

This topic contains 6 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Andrew Gunn Andrew Gunn 7 years, 10 months ago.

• Author

Anonymous

I tested the creation function for new forums to confirm whether users with Editor status can create new forums. Turns out this is an Admin function only. New topics with a forum however, can be created by Editors.

Andrew Gunn
    Andrew Gunn
    Keymaster

New forums have been created for the following:

A10, Rocket 3 and Single cylinder machines

Anonymous

I should add that I tested this function as a MODERATOR

Trevor
    Keymaster

Now that I can see where to type a reply it seems to work out ok.
    Also checked out the “lost password” function and it seems to work OK as well.

These box borders are nigh on to invisible on the I mac.

I don’t see any way to start a thread on my screen
    Trevor

Andrew Gunn
    Andrew Gunn
    Keymaster

Hi Trevor – yes I agree that the toolbar is pretty hard to see – maybe someone with experience editing CSS can help here. Meanwhile, I’ll see what I can find out to help improve the situation.

You should be able to start a topic as EDITOR/MODERATOR but one thing you cannot do is to create a whole new forum. That appears to be ADMIN privilege only.

Andrew Gunn
    Andrew Gunn
    Keymaster

BTW, to create a new topic, follow the breadcrumb link back to the forum home page. As you scroll down you will see a field where you can type in the new topic name to create the thread.

Andrew Gunn
    Andrew Gunn
    Keymaster

The background for header in the topic moderation has now been changed to green for improved readability.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.